The Android Developer will be responsible for maintaining existing products, developing new features, defining code architectures and best practices in a single product level and troubleshoot/fix business critical issues.
This role will also have a key part in planning and implementing product requirements to the highest quality, assigned with complex tasks, critical integrations and perform code reviews.
This role also requires support for teammates to meet delivery targets and cooperating with both colleagues and inbound/outbound solution providers.
• Responsible for writing code that supports the Ladbrokes Coral mobile applications that will operate in high capacity and high quality.
• Participate in full application life-cycle: plan concept and design, build code, deploy, test and release to Google Play/internal distribution channels.
• Learn and research new technologies, stay up to date with the market technological trends, keep constant awareness of the Android platform’s most up-to-date changes and modifications.
• Promote best mobile development practices and impact technological changes in within the teams, and more if possible, and bring new ideas and innovation to the on-going Quality Assurance work (in regards with mobile testing).
• Responsible for establishing agile work processes according to industry’s best practice while implementing the organization’s interpretation of said processes.
• Responsible for building generic and reusable code (Java) and libraries for future use while ensuring proper documentation and guidance for developers who need to implement the code and libraries.
• Responsible for optimizing the Ladbrokes Coral mobile application for maximum speed and scalability.
• Implement code based on technical specifications provided through Functional Design Documents and/or through the company’s’ task management system (JIRA) tickets.
• Collaborate with team members on troubleshooting and creating elegant solutions to complex problems.
• Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency.
• Work closely with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features.
• Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability.
• Work with other mobile team mates on bug fixing and improving application performance.
• 2+ years’ experience and proven track record of Android app development.
• 4+ years’ of software development experience.
• Significant hands on coding Java over, both Eclipse & Android Studio.
• Demonstrate experience and familiarity with constructing User Interface (UI) and Google APIs.
• Significant hands on in multithreading and frameworks APIs – an advantage.
• Strong understanding with Google Play restrictions & regulations.
• Significant hands on in game development – working with 2D/3D frameworks (SpriteKit/Unity/Cocos2D/OpenGL) – an advantage.
• Strong understanding and experience in object oriented programming.
• Demonstrate experience and interest in working in scrum or other Agile methodology.
• Demonstrate familiarity in iOS development – an advantage.
• Experience in online gaming – an advantage.
• Strong ability to work in a team, establishing and maintaining international work relations.
• Willingness to travel.
• English as mother tongue level.